7 Reasons Why You Should Hand Your Kid A Pen, Not A Keyboard
Even when the world is getting digital and parents are teaching their kids to have faster typing speed first than decent handwriting, pens are still just as prevalent in the market. And it’s going to stay that way even when we’re living in a Robo-era.
So if you have a little one running around the house, hand him/her an old-school pen and paper over keyboard and kindle.
Here are 7 benefits of writing with pens and pens that will help your kids as they grow-
1. It Improves Concentration– Writing with pen requires more attention than typing. The spelling, the size of the alphabets, the stretch, overall cleanliness and a lot more. All these combines to increase the concentration level of the writer.
2. It Improves Memory– The better the concentration, the sharper the memory gets. Training mind to write in specific kind of way, remembering the correct spelling, and caring about the “beauty” of the writing, all improves memory.
3. It Keeps The Brain Healthy– Writing is a workout for brain; however, writing with pen is a more intensive kind of exercise. The more you write, the better concentration gets, sharper memory becomes—and all these combines to improve the health of the brain in the long run.
4. It Improves Writing Skill– When you write with pen, you are much more concentrated. This gives you more room to think better on whatever you’re writing. You get more creative. And this results into improving your writing skill.
5. Handwritten Words Reflect Emotions– While it’s not exactly a benefit, it is something you should definitely consider. Handwritten words are personal. The size of the alphabets, the cursive, the bold, the width, the stretch and more, all these reflect emotions.
6. No Online Distraction– Even the grownups struggle here, so how can we expect the kids not to. There’s a lot of distraction on computers; the games, internet, movies and whatnots. All these negatively impact the writing skill of the little ones.
7. Other Science Backed Benefits– Of course there are few other benefits of writing with pen over typing; some science backed. Multiple researches, studies and surveys has shown it boost confidence, improves creativity, ability for critical thinking, reading skills and more.
Given all the benefits of writing the old-school way, it’s good to have your kids play with pens and papers than keyboards and kindles.
These days top ball point pen manufacturers are offering many varieties of writing instruments. No only do they offer a smooth writing experience, but they are equally good looking that makes writing even more fun and exciting. If you’re a stationery shop owner, dial these pen manufacturers today and wholesale the best of markers that kids can’t help but love to write with.